Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Twilight craze?

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I read the book and thought it was OK, but nothing to sell your first born over.

I can’t recall what my exact feelings about the novel were, but it must have been a cross between good and meh because I couldn’t bring myself to read the second one. If I’m not mistaken, I found Bella irritating and part of the storyline nonsensical though I did enjoy Edward and his vampire family.

Mind you, I wouldn’t tattoo “Edward Cullen” across my ass or anything but I’ll definitely go see the movie when the lines die down. Who knows, it might be better than the book.




Update: I don’t get it. Vampires are supposed to be hot; why is everyone in this trailer (including Edward!) damn fugly? I have to watch Goblet of Fire again because I remember Cedric Diggory looking a hundred times better than this.

Labels: , , ,


5 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the fugly comment. This is one of the reasons why I don't like seeing the movie version of a book that I have read, especially ones with a romantic story line. The people never look how you pictured them and most of the times they don't do the book justice. Also, when I don't know about anyone else, but it is kind of like when you have Fabio *shudder* on the cover of a romance book like Heather and Velvet by Teresa Medeiros, I can't get that fugly person out of my head when I go to read the book, be it for the first or second time.

11/18/2008 05:30:00 PM  

Blogger Carrie said...

Haha, I'm a bit of a Twilight nutter so I can't comment on that. Yes, the books are rather poorly written, and yes, Bella is whiny and weak, but I basically love the story anyway.

And I have to agree with campaspe that an ugly model on the cover of a book totally ruins in for me. It's amazing what is supposed to pass for a hot hero.

11/18/2008 06:27:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the book to see if it was appropriate for my 10 year old daughter (not too grisly, not too sexy). I had to keep in mind that the book is written for young teens and so it was seriously lacking in my estimation of what the possibilities of the storyline could be. That being said, I think for the young kids it was a nice change without a bunch of weirdo sci-fi fantasy names where one can never keep track of which name belongs to which character...ugh!

I will probably take my daughter to the movie after the hype wears off.

As far as cover models, I like a good looking guy with abs and a strong jaw line. But for some reason- the romantic in me pictures my husband in the role no matter the description of the hero. Aww.

11/19/2008 12:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, I am a Twilight freak. However, I am not a Twilight movie freak, but that's simply because I don't want the movie to influence the ideas that I already have in my brain regarding how the characters look and act. Hell, if I want Edward Cullen to look like a mix of Tom Welling and Ryan Phillippe (yes, both of them), then damn it, I want that image to stay. Especially since the characters in the film are, as you said, damn fugly.

Mia

11/19/2008 02:48:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Sheila, you know, I've never pictured the BF as a hero before. They're usually faceless to me. I just think of them as very handsome and that's that. Sometimes, if I'm really crushing after an actor I'll picture his face. I was on a huge Gerard Buttler thing after 300 so he was my hero "face" for about a year :P

My problem with cover models is that they usually look like white-trash body builders! They give me nightmares LOL

11/19/2008 04:35:00 PM