Friday, November 7, 2008

Melissa Etheridge has the right idea

I get so mad at American puritans who don’t mind going to war and killing innocent people, who think it’s just fine and dandy to hand out guns as party favors, who believe doing drugs is no more than a recreational activity, but abhor human beings that love each other just because they share the same sex. Who the hell are these 51% of Californians that think they are god? Why do they have the right to take away someone else’s right to be treated as equals? Why are homosexuals not allowed to get married if God created them just as he created us heterosexuals? These people should be ashamed of themselves and the rest of the world should be ashamed of them too.

This gets me so mad I can’t even think coherently so I’ll leave you with Mrs. Etheridge words on the subject. Go Melissa!


Singer Melissa Etheridge rails against the passage of the gay-marriage ban in California—and she won’t be paying the state a dime:

Okay. So Prop 8 passed. Alright, I get it. 51% of you think that I am a second class citizen. Alright then. So my wife, uh I mean, roommate? Girlfriend? Special lady friend? You are gonna have to help me here because I am not sure what to call her now. Anyways, she and I are not allowed the same right under the state constitution as any other citizen. Okay, so I am taking that to mean I do not have to pay my state taxes because I am not a full citizen. I mean that would just be wrong, to make someone pay taxes and not give them the same rights, sounds sort of like that taxation without representation thing from the history books.

Okay, cool I don’t mean to get too personal here but there is a lot I can do with the extra half a million dollars that I will be keeping instead of handing it over to the state of California. Oh, and I am sure Ellen will be a little excited to keep her bazillion bucks that she pays in taxes too. Wow, come to think of it, there are quite a few of us fortunate gay folks that will be having some extra cash this year. What recession? We’re gay! I am sure there will be a little box on the tax forms now single, married, divorced, gay, check here if you are gay, yeah, that’s not so bad. Of course all of the waiters and hairdressers and UPS workers and gym teachers and such, they won’t have to pay their taxes either.

Labels: ,


4 comment(s):

Blogger Gigi said...

I live in Flori-duh where a similar measure passed. What irks me is that these people that promoted this measure here call themselves Christians but they think nothing of discriminating and spreading hate and intolerance.

11/07/2008 03:17:00 PM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

Hmmm. I think that being gay and being a citizen has nothing to do with each other. Being gay and married is like an extra right. No ones saying that gays are not citizens.

Being gay mean having special right. Like the women's right to vote, it's going to take a while, and it's going to take a lot of work to have the right to "vote" or whatever is the gay equivalent. While gay have existed as long as women have existed, they did not start to fight for their right until recently. Women have. IT's going to take a lot of work, just like Africa's journey to equality. Being gay is nothing like being a slave and being only 3/4 of a man.

Gays are still citizen.They just want special rights. Well, then, work on it. Women have, and now they can vote.

11/09/2008 07:55:00 AM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

What's that crap about without representation.

It's the same as killing someone because you're protecting your life, versus killing someone because you don't like the way they handle your transaction at Victorias secret.

Should the Victoria's secret killer get the same rights as the person who killed for protection?

Both have the same right to a jury and hearing and all that. But it's a stretch to say that VS killer should get the 'not-guilty' verdict. And just because we're not allowed to kill all the people that annoys us doesn't mean that we're less of a citizen. Duh!

11/09/2008 07:59:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Giselle, that's my biggest problem with organized religions in general. The only good people/things for them are the ones that are part of their "cult". Everyone else is bad and everyone else is a sinner. All other religions/believes are damned etc. I believe there's good and bad in every person and every religious/non-religious belief.

Shosh, I agree with you that gays have started relatively recently to fight for their rights but the truth is these rights are inalienably theirs. They are not asking for special favors. As humans we should all have the same rights SPECIALLY if we're all asked the same duties (As paying taxes).

Why is it ok to legalize according to the morality/religious believes of some? Who are these people to set boundaries on what's right, wrong, moral or immoral? I don't care what they believe in as long as it's not forced on me. The gay community is being alienated from their constitutional rights as equal humans and citizens by the believes of irrational and hateful people and that is one hundred steps back in the wrong direction.

11/11/2008 09:47:00 AM