Thursday, November 27, 2008

Trying a new diet

I’ll ask Harlot to join me, yet again (you’ve no idea how many diets we’ve tried together!) but she’s a BIG CHEATER. She’ll eat cake and ice cream and think it’s OK because tomorrow for sure “I’ll stick to the diet.” *snort*


If you are looking to shed about 1-2 pounds per day and at the same time, clean your body of harmful toxins and chemicals then they Cayenne Pepper and Lemon Diet might just be the thing for you to try. Originally called the “Master Cleanse”, this diet which was invented by Stanley Burroughs helps people to get rid of their body’s toxins that have built up over the years. Beyonce Knowles is known to have tried it before so that she could lose about 20lbs in a very short period of time. Beyonce reportedly did this for her role in Dream Girls. But of course, Beyonce isn’t the only person who can lose 1-2 pounds each day during the duration of the cleanse.


This is the ONLY thing I’ll be drinking from Dec. 1st-10th. *gulp* And please please please don’t tell me about how unhealthy this is yada yada yada blah blah blah. I could honestly care less. I’ve done far worse stuff to lose weight and will keep it up until one magical day I wake up with Adriana Lima’s body.

I’m considering keeping a video journal for this. Anyone want to join me?


Related:

Labels: ,


3 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep us up to date on how it is going. There are so many I am always curious to know which ones actually work.

11/27/2008 06:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had the self discpline. I love the idea of looking thin and svelte, I like the IDEA of making a schedule and sticking to an exercise regime, I hate the idea of having to eat specific foods that are good for me (I would love to eat just a tuna sandwich everyday- it has to be starkist with a tsp of hellman's mayo on white bread ...no, not ocd, just amazingly picky...and have that be the magic elixir). Barring that just a simple pill that gives me all nutrients so I never have to actually eat- which I really take no joy in but basically do because I have to. I tried weight watchers once and the diet lady told me to eat a helping of green beans for a veggie, when I askes how much is a helping she said 1/2 cup. OMG- I thought one helping was 3 greenbeans because that is all I can get down with a sip of milk!

Anyhow- every night I beat myself up and wonder why I can't make the exercise/diet a priority with me as opposed to work, kid-related activities, housework etc. and then I make a batch of 600lb Gorilla chocolate chip cookies for the kids school lunches, and I find myself sneaking bits and pieces of cookie dough out of the freezer for the next few days. That is my only splurge as I get migraines from any cookie/cake thing with preservatives. I don't eat ice cream, or chips, except for the pringles I smoosh into my tuna sandwich.

I guess I will live vicariously through your diet and wish you lots of stamina and strong will!!!!

11/28/2008 11:32:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Sheilla, I know what you mean. It's so hard to stick with anything but what we know :( Harlot and I have been both struggling with that.

I'm a big flip flopper and diets don't really work in the long run for people like me. Verra hard.

11/29/2008 08:35:00 AM