Wednesday, November 26, 2008

There are crazy fucks everywhere *BEWARE*

I’m an eBay whore; really, you wouldn’t believe the amount of stuff I buy from eBay. Anywho, years ago I had an Aveeno moisturizer I loved and had to stop using as these are only sold in the U.S. and it was hard for me to get ahold of.

I try to buy a new brand every time I’m out of moisturizer/night creams. In the last two years I’ve gone through Clarins, Christian Dior, Clinique, Chanel and Sephora Brand (which, OMG SUCKS!). I decided it might be time to see if Aveeno was as good as I remembered. I ordered it from a seller in eBay and got my package in perfect condition—except for the small fact that it EXPIRED in August. WTF?

I emailed the seller and this was part of her initial reply:


If I did not think it were good I would not have listed it. It being an 08 exp I would think it still be good.


Oh well, if SHE thinks a product that expired four months ago is good, then by all means I should be using it instead of following what the company says. Crazy fuck. But what irks me the most is that she KNEW this product was expired and didn’t put it anywhere in the item description! I emailed her back something along these lines and she replies:


I am sorry that this has been a problem for you. I know it is our responsibility to read listings and if there is a question it should be asked before purchase. I myself have failed to do this and accept my responsibilty as a buyer and have never left a negative feedback when it was my choice to bid or purchase. If you feel the need to blame me for your purchase then there is nothing I can do to stop you. This is something that sellers are faced with. I am refunding your money today and enjoy your moisturizer.


WHAT. THE. FUCK? Well, this lady is obviously not well in the head. IT WASN’T MY CHOICE TO BUY AN EXPIRED PRODUCT!!! It wasn’t listed anywhere! *grrrrr* And what does she mean “enjoy your moisturizer”? Who the hell would put some damaged cream in their face and near their eyes?!?! Of course I’m blaming her, she admitted she knew it was expired! Am I the only one that thinks this person is clearly unbalanced?

In the end she gave me a refund, which I’m happy about. I’ve learned my lesson and will now ALWAYS ask sellers if they are selling me expired crap. Yes, Harlot, even if they believe me batshit crazy afterwards.

Labels: ,


2 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

Who are these nutters, honestly!

What happened to your other blog friends, thomas?

11/27/2008 04:22:00 PM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

Well, you're one of the two. The other girl ordered a book (that she wanted) from a particular seller based on that seller's proximity to her, only to have the book ship from Maine (my friend lives in California). After my friend left negative feedback, the seller gave her some sob story about "accidentally" selling the book on a different website (seriously, who double-lists?) and forgetting to update the other listing.

11/29/2008 02:44:00 PM