Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Eric Bana: Yummy!


The big screen adaptation of the Audrey Niffenegger bestseller The Time Traveler’s Wife will star Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. Variety reports that actors Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams have signed up for the movie, a romantic drama. It tells the story of a librarian suffering from a genetic disorder which causes him to time travel during times of stress. The man’s age changes constantly depending on his location in time. He falls in love with a young heiress and tries to have a relationship with her but the two are out of sync. The title of the movie does suggest that they find a solution though, doesn’t it? Robert Schwentke (Flightplan) will direct the movie. A September shoot is being eyed.


What do you guys think of the casting? I can’t really comment since *embarrassed whisper* I still haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. I KNOW, I KNOW. But I was very very busy at the time we chose it for BBC. Cut me some slack people! LOL Will get to it soon though. Right after Persuasion. *g*

Labels:


23 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Eric Bana is cute enough, but he'll have to lose some of his bulk, Henry is supposed to be really skinny because he burns so much energy with time-travelling.
I think Rachel McAdams is ok, but a little young, does she seem like she could play the artist type to you.
BTW, you should really read it

4/18/2007 09:29:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the book and at first was doubtful about Eric Bana, but seeing his pic I think he might fit the bill. Rachel McAdams is perfect for it.

I am not so sure I would want to watch the film though. I think its a difficult book to translate to the cinema.

4/18/2007 10:11:00 AM  

Blogger SarahReznor said...

I looked for it but I cant find it anywhere, I guess it hasn’t reached Israel yet…! The casting sounds great to me even though I didn’t read the book!!! Cant wait!

4/18/2007 12:42:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

I think that Jason Statham would have been great as Henry. He's slim, and he's what I picture Henry to be.

I can't get the picture of Rachel McAdams in The Notebook, and she annoyed the hell out of me on that movie, but I did like her in Wedding Crasher.

I hope they have a narrator because how else would the "thought-emotion" driven story translate to movie? There's not that many "action" in the book.

Compared with Robert Crais The Hostage, that book reads just like a movie!

Have you seen it? Bruce Willis is wonderful in it...and it has his daughter there too acting as his daughter. :)

4/18/2007 04:18:00 PM  

Blogger Nikky said...

Not a fan of Eric... I think he looks like an extra from a Planet of the Apes movie. I do like Rachel tho, so I may have to see this movie!

4/18/2007 05:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated that book.HATED it.

But I love Eric Bana.

4/18/2007 06:42:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually never heard of Eric Bana before...*blush*

But I liked Rachel McAdams in the Notebook. She's okay.

I don't think this will be a great film though. It's too...unreal. And I loved the book, so if the movie is just okay, I will be disappointed.

Trollop, read the book already! ;)

4/18/2007 07:11:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

For the longest time I had Eric Bana and Christian Bale mixed up. I think I know who is who now.

I haven't read TTW in a while and I don't think I had a very clear picture of who each character looked like in my head, so the casting doesn't bother me (I liked Bana in Troy and Munich; I liked McAdams in The Wedding Crashers and even in The Notebook (where the story bugged a whole lot more than any of the acting)).

I am wondering, though, what the script looks like, and how they're going to pull off all the time-travelling without confusing everyone. ('course if Firefly can have a great episode in three different time lines, surely this won't be too difficult, right? ;) )

4/19/2007 03:07:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

OMG. I think this cast is PERFECT! I mentioned before that if there's gonna be a movie i hope they get Rachel McAdams as Clare because when i was reading the book and heard there's going to be a movie, i thought she is definitely Clare. :P

For Henry, i've always liked Eric Bana and he can fucking act. I think he'll be great as Henry. Oh i can't wait.

4/19/2007 03:16:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I'm worried about how they're going to pull the time traveling stuff. :/ Especially when i read who's going to direct the movie. I mean i don't know him but i've seen FIGHTPLAN and that movie sucks!

4/19/2007 03:19:00 AM  

Blogger ggggxyz said...

Excellent choices, I think! I don't necessarily find Eric Bana hot, but he looks just like I imagined Henry. Can'T wait to see the movie!

And Harlot, I'm worried about the time travelling and Henry's different ages, too.

Time travelling stories always give me headaches, anyway!

4/19/2007 03:36:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

This is good. I think Rachel McAdams is the excellent choice to play Clare. Eric Bana, I've always thought he's a good actor. I hope the two of them have a good chemistry on screen because in the book, Henry and Clare's love for each other is quite palpable.

I'm worried too about the time traveling. They better do a good job with the movie because the book is amazing.

4/19/2007 08:12:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about Eric Bana not being skinny enough. He can be anything you want him to be: overweight ("Chopper"), muscle bound ("Troy"), lean (that is how he is at the moment, judging by a photo I saw in the local newspaper the other day - but in a muscular way) or somewhere in between ("Munich"). He's worse than Renee Zellweger when it comes to losing/gaining weight/muscle.

As for whether he's "hot" enough - well he's always that, isn't he (even as "Chopper"), though I don't know how "hot" this librarian is supposed to be. Have had the book for a while, but haven't gotten around to reading it. Will get to it soon.

4/19/2007 08:29:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

RE:"I wouldn't worry about Eric Bana not being skinny enough."

Yep. About Henry being "hot", he's not a pretty boy but Henry has this intensity and passion that is just.. sexy. LOL He's a bit wild and rough and i bet he's good in the sack. :P



Lady of Easy Virtue,
I know what you mean about time-travel movies. Except for GROUNDHOG DAY (i just love love love this movie) and BACK TO THE FUTURE (oh c'mon, you gotta love Michael J. Fox during the 80s LOL), i'm sorry but most of them suck and it's not really explained how time-travel works or it's hard to get how it happens. I have to mention THE TIME MACHINE with Guy Pearce btw--bloody stupid movie. Bad bad baaaad movie!

4/19/2007 08:58:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I didn't like Rachel McAdams in The Notebook but she fits Clare's age and youthfulness. I think Eric Bana is a good choice to play Henry. Anyway just because I loved the book, I'll see the movie!

4/19/2007 09:52:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks to BBC I discovered The Time Traveler's Wife. What a wonderful book. Now I liked Eric in Troy and Rachel McAdams is very pretty. Good casting I think!

4/19/2007 10:59:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Brad Pitt is going to play Henry? I'm not crazy about Eric but he looks good in Troy and I liked him in Munich.

Olly

4/19/2007 12:03:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Oh no, Brad is not Henry! Eric... I guess we will see. I prefer him than Brad who is too good looking. Brad also has the tendency of erasing the character from the screen because whatever his part is in the movie, he's playing Brad Pitt. Did that make sense at all? I'm just saying that I'm glad it's Eric and not Brad who will play Henry. :P

4/19/2007 01:39:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Oh good cast! Excellent choice. I wonder who will play Gomez and Charise.

Trollop I hope you read TTW soon!

4/19/2007 05:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Eric going to play Henry VIII in The Other Boleyn Girl movie? Good roles for Eric.

It has to be said, Time Traveler's Wife is much better than TOBG.

4/19/2007 06:03:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I loved Eric Bana in Troy and Munich. He's a good choice for Henry's role.

Aren't Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling going to get married soon? I think they look good together.

4/20/2007 05:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god it wasn't Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. Egh.

I think Eric Bana is a supremely HOT librarian (aka henry).. but Rachel McAdams is PERFECT for the role. I've always imagined her and she was fabulous in The Notebook, so I have no worries.

:)

4/20/2007 07:06:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I loved TTW and I think Eric and Rachel are perfectly casted.

4/20/2007 12:12:00 PM