Friday, June 22, 2007

Imitation is NOT the sincerest form of flattery—it's plain old thievery!

OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I am sick, sick, SICK of people stealing our stuff. WHY do these fuckers keep doing this? Do they actually think we won’t find out?

I am soooo mad I can’t even type; I am shaking with anger I keep misspelling words. First, it was just those brainless idiots who occasionally claimed our ideas/posts as theirs. Then, there were those who started appropriating our names (seriously, can’t your tiny brains think of other names?). Now, someone actually stole our fucking blog design?!? WHAT. THE. FUCK!!!!!

Jeyzuz, let me breathe.

Forgive my filthy mouth but I just saw an EXACT copy of our blog: our design (which Trollop and I worked tirelessly for TWO FREAKING MONTHS non-stop we almost killed each other), our posts, even our fucking names!

We have worked very hard on our blog and don’t plan to take any more of this crap. From now on, every time someone steals ANYTHING from us, we’re writing about it, writing a complaint to Blogger (which, we already did once and the site was thankfully closed) and going to whichever site has recently stolen from us and letting their readers know! Believe me when I say you have NO idea how vicious Trollop and I can be when relentlessly provoked.

Design your own sites, write your own posts and get your own ideas. It isn’t that hard really; if you spend half the time on your site that you spend stealing from us, I’m sure you could fucking come up with something!!!!!

Labels: , ,


24 comment(s):

Blogger ggggxyz said...

Pleeeease don't hit me - but I stole the "regular posting of pictures of hot guys" from you...

*ducks down*

But then I thought "Well, what's bad about another site posting pics of fuckworthy young men?" And I think you agree... Right?

Anyhow - they even stole your names??? No fucking way! And your beautiful design! I'd be really pissed about that!

Gimme the link and I'll be mean to them, too! ;o)

6/22/2007 09:39:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Darling Sarah, i can't claim your pics are mine so really, please post as many eye candy as you want--and then share with us. :) When Trollop and i started blogging, beside a friend's site and ours, we honestly weren't aware of other blogs. But this i'm sure (almost), we're the first ones who started posting eye candy in lit/readers blogs.

I'm not linking that fucker. But thanks, sweetie. We're waiting for Blogger to take it down. He got everything including our scrolling tagboard!!!

About our names, unfortunately, this is not the first time that happened.. God, i am so mad really, i shouldn't be commenting for i might say something i shouldn't. :/

6/22/2007 10:11:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

This had been very frustrating, even from the beginning. We eventually learned to laugh it off, but sometimes, like this time, its just too much.

We filed a complaint against someone who stole our posts in wordpress and the blog was shut down. We've filed a complaint against this fuck too. Hope they shut down the site asap.

Does this happen to anyone else?

6/22/2007 11:42:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

I'm sorry this happens to you BBs. Doesn't Blogger have policies about things like this? I hope they would respond immediately. The problem with blogger is they are slow in helping you solve your blogging problem.

6/22/2007 12:15:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Bitches, I'm sorry about this. Didn't someone from blogger help you guys when you had some blog problems last year? Perhaps he could help again.

6/22/2007 12:53:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry this has happened to you guys again! Hopefully Blogger will be able to help out!

It's times like this that make you wish you could really use the Unforgivable Curses, huh? :)

6/22/2007 03:01:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I second Virginia's hint, use an unforgivable curse! These thieves, they will always steal! Ah well, let's all hope blogger will close it down.

6/22/2007 08:37:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Sorry about this girls. Any update from blogger?

6/22/2007 08:57:00 PM  

Blogger Scyther Maverick said...

I have a way of stopping people stealing my blog ideas, they are all rubbish and pointless...I like it.

6/22/2007 09:16:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry this has happened! My only suggestion is to apply for Creative Commons.

Best,
Olly

6/22/2007 09:18:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

**Apply to a Creative Commons license. I'm not knowledgeable about the matter but I've seen them around.

Olly

6/22/2007 09:22:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Don't blame you for being angry, you have all the right.

It's so sad how some people can't come up with ideas of their own that they have to steal.

6/22/2007 10:23:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever you share anything online, it's always a risk. Unless you utilize some kind of copy-protection, someone can copy and distribute your content without your permission.

I know you ladies have a copyright statement. At least you're laying down some rules. It's hard to prevent others from violating laws against this kind of behavior. There are a lot of people who have no qualms in copying others' works.

6/22/2007 10:29:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Girls, here's a good site:
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/

6/23/2007 12:11:00 AM  

Blogger Jaynie said...

wowza. Hope you get it sorted. Apparently it's easy to do for those who are techie inclined.

6/23/2007 04:18:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But this i'm sure (almost), we're the first ones who started posting eye candy in lit/readers blogs.
"

Actually, I had "man of the day" in my old blog, which was started before yours, but I'm pretty sure you didn't get the idea from there, because no one ever read that blog.

But anywho, plagarism sucks, I hope Blogger deletes his blog.

6/23/2007 05:09:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened to my friend. She sent the thief a stop or else email with some monetary damages threat.

I hope blogger will be able to help out asap!

6/23/2007 05:28:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot and Trollop said...

Excuse me Dreamer, while i put my foot in my mouth.

Anyhoodles, here's from Blogger:

Hello,

Thanks for writing us regarding this possible Terms of Service violation.
We will examine it soon and take action as necessary.

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team


I'm really grateful to those guys, especially to Jordan, the same Blogger employee who helped us when we lost access to our blog last year. Such fast response and they took the copycat blog down immediately.

Btw, i googled "Ebooks Unlimited" and found this site. I have no idea if it's related to that fuck who stole our stuff.

6/23/2007 05:58:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot and Trollop said...

Oh, that'd be me, up there. Sheesh. And i keep harping on Trollop about using our blog account. :/

Harlot

6/23/2007 06:00:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Ebooks Unlimited? So it's a book blog as well? If it's related to the other site, what were they doing stealing your things?

I'm glad Blogger deleted it.

6/23/2007 11:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If blogger didn't act on this kind of theft, they would lose punters in droves. We'd all move to wordpress or some such.
Why are thieves so *ucking lazy???
There is such a alw as Intellectual Copyright ... if you put a warning on your blog and then you have every right to enforce it.

6/23/2007 09:21:00 PM  

Blogger sybil said...

Are you talking about spam? At any given time depending on your status meter, you can find complete copies of blog posts. Some have just the title, some are the text... and the blog itself will have goggle ads and such.

It pisses me off but really... what do you do? It isn't a blogger stealing your 'ideas' as much as a scammer. And to fight everyone would take too much time.

Well and I am lazy so I just ignore it.

I had thought you meant a reader was creating a blog and 'copying' you, which honestly I found odd since you are a gossip blog very much in the vein of Smart Bitches (as a few blogs out there are) and I rarely if every hear SB or gossip blogs screaming over being copied.

Hope it helps to know it isn't just you!

6/27/2007 04:27:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Re: If blogger didn't act on this kind of theft, they would lose punters in droves. We'd all move to wordpress or some such.

Aggie, so true. When a blogger took like 20 of our posts and passed them as hers in wordpress we denounced it and they took down the blog. We sort of thought that blogger wouldn't help much in this instance, but were happily surprised they did! :D The blog was down right away. The person was taking our design and making some changes to it (we could see the developments throughout the day which was really annoying!).

Anywho, glad that's worked out, and if it happens again we know what to do now. But it's harder when people take only parts of our posts and publish them as their own. The good thing is our pal jordan from blogger said if this happens again we just need to email him and he'll come to the rescue. *g*

Thanks everyone for your support *smile*

6/28/2007 04:31:00 AM  

Blogger shoegal said...

it's ridiculous isn't it when peeps just claim your hard work and attempt to pass it off as yours? However, you guys know that you're the originators, to hell with the thieves! Your blog is dah shit for real!!
P.s. what are the codes to put on the blog so others can't steal pics?

7/18/2007 06:28:00 PM