Thursday, August 2, 2007

Aw, come on, NOT WHOOPI!

As you guys know, I love The View. I’d call in sick at work just so I could stay home and watch when they had a Hot Topic Day. *g* Love Hot Topics. Hate Elisabeth. Irrelevant to this post, yes, but just thought I’d throw that in there again LOL.

I just heard about Whoopi Goldberg landing the co-host job to fill Rosie’s spot as moderator and this is what I have to say: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have no problems with Whoopi, she’s funny enough and did a heck of a job in The Color Purple, but I’ve never heard her voice an opinion with passion and that’s one ingredient you need to sit in that table. I think she’s too blah for the show. *sniff*

Joy is the only one left that I like. Why doesn’t Barbara fire all the others and has her do a one woman show? I’m sure she could handle it. After all, who wants Whoopi and who the hell likes Elisabeth?




Related:

Labels: , ,


15 comment(s):

Blogger Duvy said...

Ok, so first off I'll admit that I've never watched the View. But, it seems to me that the reason they'd pick Whoopi to replace Rosie is because they're both comedian types. I mean, if you have three other women who are all the strong voiced opinionated types, there has to be another person who can crack a joke and diffuse the serious/anger building moments.

I'd say just because Whoopi hasn't been all over the papers espousing her views to anyone who'll listen doesn't mean she might not be able to hold her own at the big kid's table. Of course, maybe i'm just biased since I think she's HILARIOUS. :P

8/02/2007 05:23:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree. I actually like Whoopi, but since I'm not a regular View watcher, I don't know how she would actually fare with the other girls. Of course, a comedian is needed.

Think of Real Time with Bill Maher, there's usually one comedian on the panel because they have to keep things light in case stuff gets too heavy.

But we'll just have to see how it goes for a while before making any real decisions.

8/02/2007 06:09:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I do not find Whoopi funny, not even when she did the Oscars dressed as Queen Elizabeth.

Now, i don't watch the show but from all the rants i've heard from Trollop ("i HATE Elisabeth!" "I love Rosie!" "Star is blah blah blah blah..." "Bring back Meredith!" oh for fuck's sake..) i've deduced that this show needs someone who knows know to voice her opinion. And strong.

Why didn't they signed in Kathy Griffin? They would have lots of trouble but hey, she's FAR more interesting than Whoopi. :/

8/02/2007 08:02:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I agree with Harlot. I would have preferred Kathy Griffin, but Whoopi is... I guess, good. Now, if they would only replace Hasslebitch with a broomstick.

8/02/2007 08:46:00 PM  

Blogger Duvy said...

Oh, that's true. Kathy would have made a good choice. The only problem I would have with her is that she sometimes seems TOO over the top. I can't really see her cutting the act for a serious moment, but then, I haven't seen too much of her that doesn't revolve around her being intentionally over the top.

8/02/2007 08:59:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Duvy, I quite agree, she's over the top. But you have to give it to Kathy, she's super funny, smart and quick! She is never afraid to voice her opinions. I think that's what The View NEEDS. I don't see Whoopi being as fascinating as Kathy and really, have you seen her voice a strong opinion?

8/02/2007 09:06:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Rosie was the best thing that ever happened in The View. Do they really think Whoopi is good enough to fill Rosie's shoes? That makes things exciting... *snore*

8/02/2007 09:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT??? Ya know, I almost bought the jennifer meyer trilogy to read along with y'all strictly on BB recommendations today.

But now. I'm sorry. If you don't see the genius of mind, heart, hilarity and comic timing that is Whoopi. If you haven't read her book on ettiquette, The World According to Whoopi. If you cannot see that she would be closest to B. Walter's equal than any other bitch that could be on there...

I Just Don't Know.

Maybe you're just unfamiliar w/ her classy, intelligent career and life. Maybe, dare I say it, you just are too young to realize Whoopi is a Giant in All Things.

She has sensitivity w/steel she is fucking funny w/did i mention already Perfect Timing? She doesn't have to out-yell, talk-over, but can still out-bitch with the finest.

Rosie was good but she definitely has some narcissism going on. She hasn't mastered that breathing technique that all adults learn.

OMG I feel the word apoplectic. How do you spell that? I dunno. I can't breather. Wait a minute. Help me please understand how you could not possibly get Whoopi Goldberg?

But then, maybe I overestimate The View? She and Bawbwa will be the anchors and the others-well-fluff. Until she gets bored. Maybe I completely missed the point of the View. Is it supposed to be Jerry Springer? or Bill Maher as someone already said at which Whoopi will Shine.

I know I will still keep enjoying BB blog. And I hope you will not decide I am totally wack and offensive. But my god. How could I let you wander around oblivious?

Whoopi Whoopi Whoopi- Finest Kind.

8/03/2007 12:14:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Donna, as long as it's expressed nicely, all opinions are welcome here, supporting or otherwise. :) Now, i still lurve you but sorry, i'm not sold. I don't watch the show but since you're not talking about it but about how funny Whoopi is, i'll drop my 2 shillings worth. :P

I'm not a fan of Rosie's; she can be irritating. I have nothing against Whoopi but i do find her boring. Maybe i am young but i honestly can't name anything she's done in the last few years that's entertaining. :/ I don't see her adding anything to the show and isn't that supposed to be the point?

Now, you don't have to fucking yell at me to make me listen and you don't have to punch your head like the 3 Stooges to make me laugh. But Kathy Griffin is smart, witty, not afraid to say what she thinks, and i think she would give The View an edge.

You can't make everyone happy. Rosie lovers will miss her, Rosie haters will be glad, and people who don't think Whoopi is worth watching wouldn't watch.

As for class, idiocy and being "classy" IMO will never go hand in hand. So for me, as long as Elisabeth is in there, sorry, no "class" for The View.

8/03/2007 12:27:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Donna has some very valid points about Whoopi; I also think she is outstanding. However, I must agree with Harlot on this. I don't see Whoopi having much to give to The View.
And I think KG would have been a great addition. Better than Rosie was. I liked Rosie, but she seems to make whatever she touches these days into a circus.
And I can't stand Elisabeth, but I do like hearing oppinions that differ so much from my own. Every once in a while I hear something which makes me question why I believe what I believe. And that is always a good thing, makes you stronger for it.

8/03/2007 01:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ducks head and mumbles into sleeve: i've never watched KG. Okay she's on my short list for video, cuz BB say she's awesome ~and~ we do hate elisabeth :)

8/03/2007 04:10:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Donna,
Not a fan of Kathy's either LOL. But i do think she's funny. Maybe Barbara should just fire Elisabeth and replace her with Kathy. But that would make them all what, Democrats? Oh i don't understand US politics. :/ Is it true they considered Ann Coulter to fill Rosie's spot? I can just imagine: Joy, Ann, Kathy... throw in Rosie too! Oh god LOL.


Karamia,
I do like hearing oppinions that differ so much from my own. Every once in a while I hear something which makes me question why I believe what I believe.

So true, my friend. So true. This is why we love hearing from our readers. As i said, all opinions are welcome here. Expect those from spammers and disrespectful bastards. :/


Jolie,
Now, if they would only replace Hasslebitch with a broomstick. LOL!

8/03/2007 04:52:00 PM  

Blogger Terri said...

Um, I adore Elisabeth. I didn't realize how in the minority I was until I read this blog! Holy crap. I guess I should go hide under a rock now with the rest of us blonds. :)

There is a difference between being passionate about your opinions and being passionate about having an opinion. But no where in all that passion does anyone on The View seem to come from a place of accuracy! Just because we're emotional about an issue doesn't mean we have the right information about it. "Rosie" and "factual" didn't often belong in the same sentence.

8/04/2007 06:39:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Terri, heh. Scroll down on the comments section, look for Trollop's last comment...

*Sigh* Forgive her, she's a heathen. Anyway, please don't hold Trollop's evilness agaisnt me, i'm good really. Welcome. :)

8/04/2007 07:36:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Forgot to say, Trollop's comment where it says "why I unlove elizabeth." ;P

8/04/2007 07:38:00 PM