Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm alive!

Boy, have I been busy. Whatever I always thought as “busy” was NOTHING compared to working on a presidential campaign. The closer we get to Election Day, the more work I’m saddled with and the more new stuff I’m put in charge of. It’s all quite exhausting though, in all honesty, a lot of fun.

I have to be up at 6 a.m. Monday-Friday to tape the TV show I’m co-hosting. I get there to be slathered up with more makeup than a streetwalker. Then, we tape a couple of interviews with prominent politicians; and finally, we tape my favorite part which is similar to the Hot Topics section at The View. I really really lurrve chit-chatting with the other gals about the economy, politics, life, etc.

I’ve had no time for reading, *sniff* but have managed to finish three Eloisa James novels in the last two months or so. I have to say that Mrs. James has been an acquired taste for me but well worth the effort to stick with her novels. Her writing is full of twists and turns in a Shakespearian sort of comic way. She is genuinely unique in the Romance genre and a true breath of fresh air.

I have to apologize for our lack of updates—I say OUR because Harlot will be coming back even if she doesn’t know it yet! I will do my best to update the blog at least 2-3 times a week from now on.

I have missed you all and I’m glad to see you guys have missed us too.

Labels: ,


10 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT's good to see you back! So glad the work is going well, just wish we could see you on your tv debut!

How's your puppy?


ALE

4/30/2008 03:28:00 PM  

Blogger Terri said...

Thank GOD you are still alive, I have missed you and Harlot. Always good for a few laughs

4/30/2008 03:59:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Hey! It's good to see your pixels again!

I think Eloisa James tends to write 3/4 of a good book and then loses track somewhere near the end. I like writing, though, so I keep reading.

4/30/2008 04:19:00 PM  

Blogger Alice said...

Whoo hoo, you're alive!

4/30/2008 08:55:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I'll have an update picture post tomorrow, including some set pics, no videos yet but as soon as I have them I'll post a couple of clips.

I honestly have missed being around all you wonderful bitches!

Dance, yes, I know what you mean. That's what put me off her books at first b/c I always ended up getting frustrated with the last chapters!!!!! I've stopped seeing her books as romance and have stopped concentrating on the H/H relationship and enjoying more the general story and cast of characters.

4/30/2008 10:01:00 PM  

Blogger Stacia said...

YAY, I was afraid nobody was ever coming back!

5/01/2008 09:49:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are no words that can express how HAPPY I am that you're back! The world makes sense again! Weird, I know. But hey, I've been going to this site for years when there was the four of you. It's just sad that it's down to one. I trust that Trollop will do whatever it takes to get her sidekick back ;) There's a reason why it's called "The Book Bitches" ;) And welcome back, Trollop! You made my day :D

Lovely

5/01/2008 03:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are a very significant part of my life,I was another reader from when there were the four of you, so I am over-the moon-glad that you're back. Best of luck with work! So fabulous to hear Harlot will be back as well, even if she does part time work, lol.

5/01/2008 10:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god!!! I was getting worried. I was checking the site everyday and nothing was happening. But I'm glad you're alive Trollop =D
And YAY!! Harlot's coming back! That is very good news!
I can't wait to see clips of the show. I've been fascinated ever since you spoke about it.
Thanks for keeping this awesome blog alive =)

5/02/2008 02:49:00 AM  

Blogger Shosh said...

I am so glad you're back, and I hope you're succesful in bringing Harlot back. She probably just need a long vacation.

Shoshana

5/06/2008 07:24:00 PM