Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A whiter smile?

I got sucked into doing the Crest Whitestrip Premium Plus because of the great reviews on Amazon. The biggest complaint in the reviews is teeth and gum sensitivity while doing the program, but most mention being very happy with the whitening effect. With me—because I’m apparently sub-normal even in this!—there is NO sensitivity whatsoever (even when I put the strips over my gums) but I don’t see much whitening.

In all honesty my teeth didn’t need that much whitening to begin with, but I did have some light yellowish stains on the side teeth which I noticed when I smile and I wanted to correct that.

I’m on the seventh day of the treatment and I do see a SMALL difference, but doubt it’s worth wearing these strips twice a day. *sigh* Maybe the real difference starts showing towards the very end?

Labels:


7 comment(s):

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, you're lucky! I tried those and had to stop after a couple days because my teeth were killing me!

12/03/2008 12:44:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

But did you see any whitening effect? I checked the expiration date to make sure that mine aren't expired. How come they don't bother me, but bother most everyone else? Also, the whitening is very minimal.

12/03/2008 12:57:00 PM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

I just started my teeth whitening process last night. I bought an Aquafresh kit that has trays (strips sounded pretty weak to me, but it turns out the trays aren't much beefier) as well as a special toothpaste meant to reduce tooth sensitivity. I've been brushing with the toothpaste for the past 2 weeks, and after last night's treatment, I didn't suffer from any sensitivity. I'll let you know if anything changes in the next few days.

I should also point out that I've never done any sort of tooth whitening before, so I don't know how prone to sensitivity I am to begin with. I opted for this kit because I know that a lot of people complain about sensitivity.

12/03/2008 02:58:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

This thing ended up not working all that much for me :S I should try it again and take pictures to see if there is a real difference. So disappointed :(

12/29/2008 08:22:00 AM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

I forgot to post my results!

I did end up having some major gum sensitivity, but it was tolerable overall. The worst part was knowing that it was going to hurt. On a couple of occasions, I spit out the trays 5 to 10 minutes early because I just didn't want to feel the pain anymore.

Did it whiten my teeth? I guess so. I don't know how much of the change I saw was real, and how much was in my head. My wife agreed that I appeared to have slightly whiter teeth.

The bottom line appears to be that at-home kits, while they may work, are probably less effective than a whitening from the dentist.

12/29/2008 09:41:00 AM  

Blogger wahab said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/11/2010 06:05:00 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Get that perfect smile in your face on your wedding day. Enhance that aura on your face and include yourself in your wedding preparation.
teeth whitening London

12/14/2010 08:24:00 AM