Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dad, I'm crazy about Harry Potter and I want to see him naked on stage!

Goodness. Did you know that U.K.’s bookseller Waterstone’s, realizing that fans will be distressed and hysterical (translation: emotional trauma of staggering proportions!) when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out on July 21st, is setting up a HELPLINE?


“This could be a similar moment to when Take That split up,” said a spokesperson.


I don’t know about you, but I haven’t even read HP7 and I’m already getting nutty. Okay, NUTTIER. (Jeez, I sound like a peanut butter ad or something. :/) Er, anyway, see what I mean? I’m right, aren’t I? Told ya, J.K. Rowling’s idea of fun is torturing her fans, that sadistic cruel witch! *sniff* Even so, since December of last year, HP7 has already been at the top of bestseller list both in the U.S. and U.K., thanks to the large number of pre-orders, while the Deluxe Edition occupies the no. 2 slot. I KNOW!

Speaking of Harry, you guys have probably seen the naked pics of Daniel Radcliffe for his work in Peter Shaffer’s Equus, a 1975 Tony Award for Best Play, or what some pedophilic creepoids now call “That Play Where Harry Potter Takes His Pants Off and Stabs a Horse’s Eye Out.” Eheh. :/



Daniel will be doing a Full Monty, blinding some horses and shagging a girl on stage, that some parents were angered about it, and many newspapers falsely reported that Warner Bros was furious with Daniel and was planning to sack him. However, a WB spokesperson has denied these claims:


Daniel Radcliffe is an extremely talented actor, as well as a great collaborator and friend to Warner Bros. Pictures,” the spokesperson explained. “We’ve had great experiences working with him on our films and fully support him in the artistic choices he makes as an actor.”


Equus will open at the Gielgud Theatre on Tuesday (February 27), but those who were lucky enough to see the preview last Friday were raving about it. Not his penis, you dirty pervs! LOL His acting, sheesh. In any case, it caused so much buzz that producers are already considering it for Broadway.

You know, I’d love to see Equus. I mean I’m still not used to seeing Daniel like this—I guess, somehow, I’ll always remember him as this little boy—but really, jolly good for Daniel. He’s branching out; he can’t play Harry Potter forever—even though he will ALWAYS be Harry Potter. Besides, can you see another actor playing Harry? No fucking way. Daniel IS Harry and unless he breaks his contract, it’ll be ridiculously stupid for WB to replace him with a brand new one who has no genitals whatsoever. Uh-mm. Also, I’m not a parent, yet in some way I guess I understand their concern, but really, would you rather prefer Hagrid doing something with his cock? Oh god, the horror! *shudder* *gag* I bet parents would even ask Daniel to use his metal spikes and stab their eyes out! Mine too!!!

Labels: , ,


19 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

I will definitely make use of that helpline if freaking JKR kills anymore of my fave characters!!! I might need to be commited into a mental facility actually LOL

As for Daniel naked, he looks kind of weird in that pic. And what's up with those HUGE dimples on his ass? Wonder what he looks like from the front LOL

2/22/2007 11:06:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

I think a helpline is a good idea. LOL.

Daniel looks good. He sure is buff but his body is still that of a kid. Good for him since the play is garnering a lot of good praises.

2/22/2007 12:42:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Cries out loud*
What on earth is that?
What's into Radcliffe's head? I could say nice butt....but it's kinda small!LOL

2/22/2007 01:18:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Re torturing fans: Don't all the best writers subscribe to this theory? Make the readers (or viewers) fall in love with the characters and then hurt them in every way possible. :p

As for Equus... I'm more disturbed for the horses...

2/22/2007 03:11:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. If Danny wants to show off his jewels to break out of being Harry Potter, then I say "Good for him!!" At least he's doing it onstage and not with a hooker or something entirely worse. It doesn't bother me and my son loves Harry Potter.
It is a bit weird to see him like that- not entirely bad, but not quite good either.

2/22/2007 04:20:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

If JK Rowling kills Harry, Ron or Hermione, they will need more than a helpline to pacify grieving and outraged fans.

As for Equus, go Daniel!

2/22/2007 10:35:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I was just wondering, what does JK Rowling says about this? Does she approves or not?

2/22/2007 10:38:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Jesus, those pictures a bit disconcerting.

If JKR kills Harry in book 7, I really think that would cause a riot. This involves children readers who will be traumatized by a dead Harry that parents will be asking for JKR's head. Or a rewrite.

2/22/2007 11:10:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I'll need a helpline too if Harry ends up dead! Or Ron, or Hermione! All this business of waiting for book 7 is enough to drive a fan crazy, and to think we still have 5 more months to go!

2/22/2007 11:28:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Go Harry! LOL.

Ladybug, I thought of the same thing. I wonder if JKR would go see Daniel's play. :P

2/22/2007 11:39:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Daniel is obviously not under a strict contract. Since he has fans as young as 4, he has a responsibility to them. But I think Warner Bros is backed into a corner. Whether they approve of this or not, Daniel "is" Harry Potter.

2/23/2007 09:03:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

OMG, that vile Trollop just showed me a pic of full frontal Harry! I take it back! It's just too fucking weird for me, i don't want to see the play! Oh god I'M BLIND I'M BLIND!!!!

2/23/2007 11:25:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Oh yikes. I'm glad Daniel is having a lot of projects and doing things out of HP franchise but I don't think I'm ready to see a naked full frontal Daniel.

2/23/2007 12:05:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think DR doing Equus is fine because it's a classic play that was first done more than 20 years ago that has already been a movie;Rather than something written for a sensational effect. And it's a play, not a movie that kids could presumably sneak in to or see as a DVD for the shock value. I'm sure he was cast partly as a gimmick "See Harrys' potter", But he is an almost grown actor and if he's getting good reviews more power to him.

2/24/2007 01:11:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Daniel has responsibilities with his young audience but I don't see what's wrong with him doing this play. If parents are worried about shattering their kids' illusions of Harry Potter, this doesn't have anything to do with Daniel as an actor. Good for Daniel if you ask me, although I've seen that full frontal nude picture too and it was really weird I tell you that. LOL.

2/24/2007 01:29:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parents shouldn't be angered with Daniel. It's theatre, what do they expect - a critically acclaimed play at that. It all comes back to parenting skills. I have children too but I don't think there's something wrong with this. I'm not going to show my little kids pictures of a naked Daniel Radcliffe, or any other man for that matter. And I can hardly imagine a Harry Potter movie without Daniel.

2/24/2007 01:22:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Is that really Harry Potter's butt?

It's so dimpled! I think my daughter was gross out...but then she's only 9!

2/25/2007 11:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really think that he is all that cute so the pics don't really interest me.

I recently (past 2 or 3 months I think) read all the HP books thanks on the instance of you wonderful people and now, I too am a rabid fan. I am #1 to receive the book from the library the day they get it in and I have bought all 4 movies and will actually see the 5th in the theater.

I don't think that JKR will kill off Harry, Ron or Hermione because she knows she would have hits put out on her but, I think Hagrid, Snape, and McGonagor (spelling?) are all fair game. After all, it said main character and the above are considered main characters in the books (not so much the movies).

I know there is this big battle between readers right now on whether or not Snape is good or evil. I think JKR might kill of Snape after we find out that he is good and he will die saving Harry and everything will be explained why Snape did everything he did. Also, as far as a "main character” being killed, could that be Voldermort? He is a main character after all.

Speaking of series we are rabid fans of... Dark-Hunter series...

Just read Dream-Hunter and dying for this summer(?) for the new DH book and picked up on what Ash said at the end of Dream-Hunter... I cringed as I read it and knew... Can we have a post on this new book so we can discuss it? You guys are all so insightful I love to hear everyone's comments and ideas.

2/26/2007 12:16:00 AM  

Blogger SarahReznor said...

can someone explain to me why he needs to do a full monty for this show...?

2/27/2007 02:50:00 PM